Sunday, January 29, 2012

Magical Tid-bits

Here's some tid-bits of happiness that I have been meaning to post but didn't exactly want to put up five, two-sentance posts:
Numero Uno: I am a Senior this year which means that I followed social suit and found a really awesome photography duo and bribed them to take some pictures of me. And I was surprised at nice they turned out! Here are a few of them:



The really cool part is that out of the Photographer duo, Ashley and Wendel Schultz, Ashley has a blog about [obviously] her life and sometimes she posts about her photography business every once in a while. Recently she did a "Best of 2011," to highlight her favorite pictures of 2011 and I was on that post! Three times!! How spiffy is that?! I don't know about you, but I think that that is just a nice little ego-boost... And because the internet is really awesome, you can see it for yourself! Right here!


Numero Two: I took this picture the other day and I thought it turned out nicely. And there's even a little story to go with it!
Since the summer I have been slimming down and I really like how it looks. And the best part is that it didn't take a diet or over the top exercising to do it. I just decided that I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, and that, because of how crazy my school schedule was going to be/ is, I wasn't going to even make it a goal to work-out; it got crossed off of my mental stress list [and that has been a HUGE relief to not expect that of myself!]


Numero Three: In January I participated in a 21-day Vegan Challenge with my best friend and it was SO much fun!

It's an actual supported group and you sign up and it's quite official. Everyday the site sends you meal plans with recipes to help you figure out what to eat. On that email there was also a vegan celebrity or doctor or popular personality or athlete who had been interviewed about their life-style choice. It helped by showing you that you can be successful, healthy and happy on a plant based diet by showing you examples. It was really cool!
They're starting another one in April if anyone is interested; I highly recommend it. It was a little extra work to make sure that I was getting a totally rounded diet, but it was well worth it. I felt so much happier and focused and energized the entire time.


Numero Four: Speaking of Veganism: That is what I decided to do for lent back in November, so it was just magic chance that I heard about the kick-start. It was fun and a good foray into being a vegan. I cannot wait to start it back up again on February 22, 2012!


Wow, that turned out a lot longer than I expected... If I think of anything else, I will edit this child.




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awe, thanks for the shout-out. You were so much fun to shoot! Seriously, you are gorgeous and made our job easy.

I love the photo you took of yourself in the mirror. Isn't is crazy how when you stop focusing on weight it sometimes just comes off? (Not that you had any to lose.)

I love that you're blogging again! It's fun to read about what's going on in your life.

PS We also have a photography blog. Not sure if you knew. Here's the link: http://ashleyandwendelsphotography.blogspot.com/

Jessica Rose said...

Thanks for reading! Everybody loves your work :) And I think I actually linked to both of your blogs. And yes, slimming down is easier if you don't try. Hope AZ is going well!

Total Pageviews