Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spectacular Saturday!

Wow. Just as a quick side-note, I just chose these pictures in a random order and it turns out that they uploaded in chronological order!! So then, obviously, I started my day off with the...

SATs!! Doesn't get much more fun than that, eh? [It actually does... sarcasm...] Deciding to retake the SAT I had a specific goal in mind and I feel like I did really well. So the possibility that I met my goal is pretty good :) Then, after a mere four hours of standardized testing I...

Went over to this kids house, no big deal ;) [A brief history: We became friends last year due to the fact that we had two classes and lunch together and had a little theatre experience in common. We grew to be really good friends by the end of last year and I even changef my flight down to UT to spend the summer with my Aunt and Uncle for his surprise birthday party (which ended up getting canceled last minute, so I postponed my flight about a week for nothing... but that's okay.) But then we didn't really talk again until about a week before school started. School started up again along with our friendship and we have three classes and lunch together. Things just kind of moved on from there. He asked me to Homecoming the end of September and we started dating October 7th. :] I think he's a really great guy and I am lucky to have a bestfriend that has high standards and has interests and talents [you should hear him on the piano! Dear goodness... He was the Jazz pianist for our Choir before I was. Wow, I think I'll have to do an entirely separate post about this kid...]
Anyways: We got Schindler's List and got to watch just a little bit of it before it was time for us to go to...
The Bellevue College Jazz Festival. It was an all day competition that high schools around the area could participate. My highschool didn't compete, but a lot of our Jazz group went to the evening concert where the top three High Schools got to show their stuff, Bellevue's Jazz group Celebration sang and then this super amazing professional group called Groove for Thought performed. For those of you who watch The Voice, they competed this past season and made it pretty far. Celebration and Groove for Thought totally blew me away! They were both so talented and their voices all came together and made magic. My favorite song of the entire night was a jazzy rendition of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors by Groove for Thought. I couldn't find it on youtube or anything so I'll just direct you to their site where you can just buy their entire album!
I promise it will be one of the best musical investments you have ever made.
[Just click on Happiness. The word is quite apropo.]

No comments:

Total Pageviews